Grilled Peaches 'n' Pound Cake
2 tsp. sugar
1/4 - 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Canola oil for brushing on to pound cake
4 thick slices of loaf pound cake (store bought or home made, your choice)
1 pint Ben and Jerry's Peach Cobbler ice cream
2 peaches, pitted and quartered
Slivered almonds (optional)
1. Start grill; set to medium. (Or, if you are using a grill pan on the stove top, brush lightly with canola oil and set to medium-hot.)
2. Pit and quarter peaches. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. sugar and 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon. Mix to combine. Set aside.
3. Cut four thick (about 3/4" each) slices of pound cake.
4. Brush each slice of pound cake lightly with canola oil and place on grill/grill pan until grill marks appear, 30 seconds - 1 minute. Turn, and repeat on opposite side.
5. Remove from grill. Sprinkle with sugar and ground cinnamon to taste. Set aside.
6. Grill peaches (without their juices) in same manner, about 2 minutes on each side, turning to create cross-hatch grill marks. Watch closely so as not to burn. Remove and set aside.
7. On serving plate, build the dessert: one piece of pound cake, two or three quarters of grilled peaches, and a generous scoop of ice cream. Top with slivered almonds if desired.